Background

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Winds-day!

I usually don't mind the crazy weather here in western Nebraska.  In fact, I enjoy the summers a lot, because they are so dry and it gets nice and cool every night. The fall is beautiful, and this winter was pretty mild. I only have one complaint.  The wind.  It never ceases, especially in the spring.  We have some warm weather, almost summer-like, and it gets me all excited for this new season.  But then...the wind hits.  I have to bolt down the toys outside and make sure the grill is pushed all the way up against the house so that it doesn't get blown over.  My kids have to hold hands in the Wal-Mart parking lot, not for fear of traffic, but because that way they weigh more and won't blow away.  The neighbor's flags across the street are constantly standing straight out from the pole.  And my old old windows let in dust. Lots of dust.
In spite of all of that, I love Spring.  I have looked forward to this season for the past three months.  I thought winter was never going to be done.  I love the reminder of new life, new beginnings, new experiences.  The kids see everything through eyes with only five (or fewer) years of experience...and they help me to see it that way, too.  Every day Munkin Punkin has been wanting to go outside to ride her bike.  My little Buddy is loving bike rides with Papa.  And Baby Doll is old enough to realize that she loves being outdoors-and hates coming back in!
The wind has tried to throw a wrench in our springtime plans, but we are not letting it. The kids are still going outside everyday to get fresh air and exercise (and to give me some peace and quiet!), and we are still learning about and discussing the best part of spring-new life.  I hope you had a Happy Winds-day, as Pooh would say, and that you have had a chance to contemplate the newness of life that we can all have in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment