Background

Monday, May 16, 2011

Wally World

A few thoughts on Wal-Mart...

  1. Why do people call it Wally World?  Is it because they are trying to give the impression that this is a fun place to go, instead of a mother's nightmare?
  2. One thing that I do like about going to our local store is that I usually see a lot of people I know.  Especially, apparently, if it's 8:30 on a Monday night.  I saw two other mom friends and one told me that she had seen like three other people she knew.  I guess we all had the same great idea about putting our kids in bed and hitting the door.  And Wal-Mart is the most exciting place we have to go here in our small Nebraska town...
  3. Why can't people put their carts away in the cart returns?  Or push them out the exit into the cart area just outside the door?  Tonight as I was leaving, a cart was blocking the exit.  The person who left it there had to walk a mere ten additional feet to get the cart out of other people's way and into the cart return area.  Then, when I got to my van, I found a cart directly behind my van!  What the heck, people?!  I know that you don't realize that the van owner is a big, tired, cranky, pregnant lady...but- I AM!  And I have to push your cart, along with my own, back to the cart return just so I can back out my van.  *sigh*
  4. Why does milk cost more at the store where you supposedly "Save More,[and] Live Better," than it does at my local Safeway?  I paid $4.00 for a gallon of milk tonight!  The price was nearly enough to put me into labor.  And it's not time yet, so that would have been really bad.  But really, who wants to go to two different stores just to get a better price on milk?  *sigh again*
  5. All in all, in spite of my complaints, I really am thankful that I can just hop in my van and, in 7 minutes, be at a store where I can buy (almost) whatever I need to get through the rest of the week/complete my project/etc.  I just have to remember to have the right attitude when I'm there, in the midst of the Wally-World-ness.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with and understand your frustrations! I do, however, hope that you do truly realize how nice it is to have one in your town. Our closest is 30 minutes, and the closest GOOD one is 45 minutes!

    ReplyDelete