Background

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On the Potty Train

Monday morning marked the beginning of a new era for my little Cookie-one that doesn't include diapers, much to the delight of her mother!  Having no one else in the house presented me with the rare opportunity to focus solely on my youngest child, and I decided it was time to take advantage.  I moved the toy kitchen into the hallway next to the real kitchen so that she had something to entertain her while we stayed on the tiled floor.  We went straight to undies, and she had accidents all morning long. At nap time I put her in a diaper, and then in the afternoon went to undies again. By the end of the day, she was telling me when she needed to go, and the very last time she didn't go in her undies at all!  I was so proud of her!  I gave her a gummy bear each time she went on the toilet, even if she went in her undies first.  I stayed in the kitchen with her while she was awake, and as a result, my kitchen is nice and clean now!

Today we needed to be in the basement, so I took the potty chair downstairs with us.  She went nearly all morning without needing to go, and then when she did need to, she went in her undies just a little, but mostly in the toilet.  After lunch it was the same story.  I need to get her to drink more, I guess.  This evening we needed to go to the store, so I put a diaper on her and headed out.  She was really crabby the whole time that we were in Wal-Mart (that store makes me crabby, too!) and her diaper was wet by the time we were done.  She was crying so much of the time that I don't think I would have even understood her if she had told me that she needed to go, anyway.  Then we headed out to Subway to meet some friends for supper, and then to church for the monthly craft/"how-to" night with other ladies.  She told me when we were there that she needed to go, and she did!  On a big, regular toilet.  I was thrilled.  She was in a pull-up the rest of the evening and stayed dry.  I am just so proud of her, and so thankful that the Lord blessed me with such a smart little girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment